Surge on talk of stimulus plan
Steel shares surged 4.45 percent on average today as some local newspapers reported on the government's as yet unreleased stimulus measures for the industry.
According to the reports, detailed measures to support the steel industry were finalised by the government yesterday in a document to be released officially before the weekend.
Pre-releasing information to the (state-controlled) press, would suggest the government is moving to support certain stock prices.
According to the reports, China will cut steel production by 20 production, setting annual production limits to 500m tonnes until 2010 by closing small blast furnaces and converters.
Mergers and acquisitions will also be encouraged, with Bao Steel, Angang and Wuhan Iron and Steel to be required to accumulate capacities of 50m tonnes each through M&A activity by 2011.
- Bauxite Resources公司收到大量持股通知
- ASF Group的联营公司将Dawson West热煤项目的资源储量提升至6.45亿公吨
- White Cliff Minerals公司于Aucu项目发现新的矿化带
- Bauxite Resources公司非执行董事卸任
- South Boulder Mines公司董事长购买市售股份
- Carbon Energy公司筹资500万澳元以推进天然气项目
- South Boulder Mines公司降低Colluli钾肥项目的运营开支和资本开支