China in search of more bauxite
China is on the look out for more bauxite supplies, with concerns over a
possible export ban from Indonesia, according to Platts.
Indonesia is a major supplier of bauxite to China, accounting for 70-80% of the country's total imports.
In May 2012, Indonesia tightened export policies and imposed an export tax of 20% on bauxite, in a move to encourage more foreign investment in its local industry.
Indonesian bauxite prices are also high now pegged at $50-55/mt CIF China basis, up from $43-45/mt in first half of 2012 before the country's export policy changed.
The higher prices in turn affect alumina refiners, China is turning to other Asian and African countries to lock in supply.
- Bauxite Resources公司收到大量持股通知
- ASF Group的联营公司将Dawson West热煤项目的资源储量提升至6.45亿公吨
- White Cliff Minerals公司于Aucu项目发现新的矿化带
- Bauxite Resources公司非执行董事卸任
- South Boulder Mines公司董事长购买市售股份
- Carbon Energy公司筹资500万澳元以推进天然气项目
- South Boulder Mines公司降低Colluli钾肥项目的运营开支和资本开支