Triton Minerals identifies high grade vanadium from drilling at Balama North, Mozambique
Triton Minerals (ASX: TON) has followed up on earlier graphitic carbon results from drilling at the Cobra Plains Prospect of its Balama North Project in Mozambique with high grade vanadium intercepts.
This follows further analysis of the July drilling results and indicates some correlation between the high grade graphite and the high grade vanadium.
Notable intercepts include:
- 2 metres at 0.21% vanadium from 64 metres;
- 2 metres at 0.23% vanadium from 66 metres;
- 2 metres at 0.36% vanadium from 68 metres;
- 2 metres at 0.25% vanadium from 70 metres; and
- 2 metres at 0.33% vanadium from 81 metres.
“Again these drilling results are very pleasing and it is great to see the high grade vanadium results following up from last weeks announcement about the high grade graphite results,” managing director Brad Boyle said.
“Vanadium can be economic to mine at a 0.05%, so intercepting numerous very high grades of vanadium mineralisation with grades of up to 0.36% is again an exceptional result.
“This continues to be a very positive outcome and we look forward to results from the next stage of the drilling program which will consist of both reverse circulation and diamond drilling with the aim of better defining and increasing the known graphite zone in the Balama North Project.”
The drilling program intersected numerous high and medium grade vanadium zones, extending over the 3 kilometres strike length within the Cobra Plains prospect.
More drill testing is required to get a clearer picture of how the vanadium is situated within the mineralised zone.
Reverse circulation drilling is now underway with diamond drilling due to start soon in order to test the strike continuity and tenor of the graphite and vanadium mineralization within and beyond the 3 kilometre long zone that has already been discovered.
- Bauxite Resources公司收到大量持股通知
- ASF Group的联营公司将Dawson West热煤项目的资源储量提升至6.45亿公吨
- White Cliff Minerals公司于Aucu项目发现新的矿化带
- Bauxite Resources公司非执行董事卸任
- South Boulder Mines公司董事长购买市售股份
- Carbon Energy公司筹资500万澳元以推进天然气项目
- South Boulder Mines公司降低Colluli钾肥项目的运营开支和资本开支