Australian Vanadium Ltd (ASX:AVL), formally known as Yellow Rock Resources, is focussed on vanadium at its flagship Gabanintha project in Western Australia.
See more information about Australian Vanadium Ltd
Yellow Rock Resources’ Gabanintha has vanadium production potential
Yellow Rock Resources (ASX:YRR) has completed a concept engineering study demonstrating its Gabanintha high grade vanadium project in Western Australia has potential for significant production and competitive costs.
It also indicates the project is technically low risk with a long life of more than 20 years.
Key takeaways include:
- Estimated C1 cash operating cost of A$7.26/kg vanadium pentoxide;
- Estimated capital cost to first production of A$230 million including A$18.5 million of contingency to direct costs;
- Average vanadium production of 10,000 tonnes per annum from a 2.1 million tonne per annum throughput plant;
- Production of high-purity (+98.5% V2O5 Flake) via open pit mining, feed preparation/beneficiation and a salt roast-leach extraction process is well understood and commonly available technology. Higher purity at >99% V2O5 is also expected to be achievable.
Gabanintha has one of the highest grade vanadium deposits in the world with an Indicated and Inferred Resource of 60.4 million tonnes grading 0.98% V2O5, 11.4% TiO2 and 42.15% iron.
That the concept engineering study has highlighted the potential for Gabanintha to produce about 10,000 tonnes of high-purity +98.5% vanadium pentoxide flake per annum at a C1 cash operating cost of A$7.26/kg is highly encouraging for Yellow Rock Resources.
Other Australian Vanadium Ltd news
- Australian Vanadium在Blesberg项目发现锂辉石
- Australian Vanadium探索开发住宅电池产品
- Australian Vanadium证实Gabanintha项目含有钴
- Australian Vanadium在南非开始锂矿钻探
- Australian Vanadium关注蓄电池商机